What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics term was first used by LeFoulon (1839), with origin from the Greek “ORTOS” = right and “dont” = tooth.
Orthodontics deals both with the study and treatment of dental malpositions, and the changes that occur in the entire maxillary dental device. For this reason it is frequently used term “Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics”.
Maxillary anomalies (AnDM) are impaired growth and development of the maxillary dental device.
What are the goals of orthodontic treatment?
1.stabilirea occlusion (bite) by modifying functional and aesthetic permanent teeth position
2.depistarea deviations from normal during the development of the masticatory apparatus
3.obtinerea aesthetic harmony, efficiency functional and structural balance
Why do I need orthodontic treatment?
1. In order to restore the functionality of the device dentomaxilar
Aesthetic purposes 2.in
3. To prevent or correct the malocclusion consequences
4. To reduce decay and periodontal disease, crooked and crowded teeth are hard to clean.
5. For the prevention of accidental injuries in patients with PRODENT anterior teeth (teeth facing forward)
6. For correct bad habits: thumb sucking, mouth breathing, swallowing childhood
7.pentru correct speech defects caused by repositioning misaligned teeth and speech therapy treatment.
8.For guide or neerupti erupted teeth to correct posture
At what age is appropriate orthodontic treatment?
orthodontics has made huge strides lately, releasing forms of treatment that can give good results at any age. Thus, be it problems arising where children their or adults, the orthodontist may recommend a viable solution adapted to each case. Adult orthodontic treatment can begin at any age.
Types of orthodontic appliances
Orthodontic appliances are central to the therapeutic arsenal of malocclusions, is used either alone or in combination with other therapeutics concomitantly or sequentially.
Mobilizabilesunt active orthodontic devices made of plastic construction (acrylate), and the wire elements are attached to the teeth by hooking ,, “. Remove meals. It should be worn at least 16 hours of 24;
It cemented or stick teeth during the entire treatment. Thus no guarantee that worn all the time, have more energy and action can be effective and earlier ages.
There are several types of fixed appliances
Metal orthodontic appliance – the most popular of them among the most efficient in terms of results. If before you were not too many options in customizing his now can use more design colored elastic vessel
- If during the treatment of one or more brackets are detached at the place you can easily stick, with no need to replace them as is the case with ceramic dental appliance braces
- It is effective for most dental and dental-maxillary anomalies
- size is smaller than the ceramic device
- It is the most visible of all
Ceramic orthodontic appliance – is a favorite of those who want their dental device is clearly visible. Braces are made of transparent ceramic material such that the visibility thereof is by far lower than in the case of the metal.
- It is not as prominent as the metal
- It is not as strong as the metal
- longer period of treatment than with the metallic
Sapphire braces, favorite celebrities in Hollywood is a classic braces are mounted on the outside of the teeth. With crystal clear brackets, it is very discreet, almost invisible.
- It is discreet, almost not visible when wearing
- A slightly longer duration of treatment